The converters are gone!

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
Fuga

Post by Fuga » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:02 pm

Just tried again in the light of day. Still only one file. Interestingly it was the middle of three done.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:39 am

I just finished another marathon svn checkin. Changes:
  • Rippers should work
  • Settings sheet for Compact Discs should work
  • Preferences cleaned up
  • Added format specifiers to iTunes playlists
  • Sparkle automatic updating
Once krmathis has posted another svn build, testers would be appreciated!

krmathis

Post by krmathis » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:19 am

sbooth wrote:Once krmathis has posted another svn build, testers would be appreciated!
I'm on it, but building a fresh rev. 904 failed like this:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -o /Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Max.build/Release/Max.build/Objects-normal/ppc/Max -L/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Release -L/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk -F/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Release -F/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk -F/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/Frameworks -filelist /Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Max.build/Release/Max.build/Objects-normal/ppc/Max.LinkFileList -framework mpcdec -framework Cocoa -framework DiskArbitration -framework IOKit -framework CoreAudio -framework AudioToolbox -framework Carbon -framework AppKit -framework cddb -framework cdparanoia -framework cuetools -framework FLAC -framework MAC -framework mp4v2 -framework Ogg -framework OggFLAC -framework sndfile -framework Speex -framework TagLib -framework Vorbis -framework WavPack -framework Growl -framework LAME -framework Sparkle -arch ppc -Wl,-Y,1455 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_SessionGetInfo
/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Max.build/Release/Max.build/Objects-normal/ppc/UtilityFunctions.o reference to undefined _SessionGetInfo
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
** BUILD FAILED **

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:22 pm

krmathis wrote:
sbooth wrote:Once krmathis has posted another svn build, testers would be appreciated!
I'm on it, but building a fresh rev. 904 failed like this:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -o /Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Max.build/Release/Max.build/Objects-normal/ppc/Max -L/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Release -L/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk -F/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Release -F/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk -F/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/Frameworks -filelist /Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Max.build/Release/Max.build/Objects-normal/ppc/Max.LinkFileList -framework mpcdec -framework Cocoa -framework DiskArbitration -framework IOKit -framework CoreAudio -framework AudioToolbox -framework Carbon -framework AppKit -framework cddb -framework cdparanoia -framework cuetools -framework FLAC -framework MAC -framework mp4v2 -framework Ogg -framework OggFLAC -framework sndfile -framework Speex -framework TagLib -framework Vorbis -framework WavPack -framework Growl -framework LAME -framework Sparkle -arch ppc -Wl,-Y,1455 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_SessionGetInfo
/Users/krmathis/Development/Max/trunk/build/Max.build/Release/Max.build/Objects-normal/ppc/UtilityFunctions.o reference to undefined _SessionGetInfo
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
** BUILD FAILED **
I forgot to add the Security framework to the project file. This time I actually made a Release build to make sure everything would link OK, and it did. So hopefully we'll be in business now!

krmathis

Post by krmathis » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:57 pm

sbooth wrote:So hopefully we'll be in business now!
Revision 912 compiled successfully.
I have uploaded the build to the usual place...

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:29 pm

Still no good at handing all files off to Tag. Plus, now I get this error

*** -[NSCFArray objectAtindex:] index (1) beyond bounds (1)

These were the same files I'd been using to test the Max>Tag flow. It occurred on the third of the three.

khead

Post by khead » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:00 am

Converter not working for me on G5 iMac.
As soon as I start to convert, Max drops off activity monitor.

shanecavanaugh

Post by shanecavanaugh » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:52 pm

I haven't tried with other codecs, but when ripping, Max stops working when it begins to encode to MP3. It doesn't freeze up, but all the files to be encoded are kept in queue.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:49 am

shanecavanaugh wrote:I haven't tried with other codecs, but when ripping, Max stops working when it begins to encode to MP3. It doesn't freeze up, but all the files to be encoded are kept in queue.
I didn't do any exhaustive testing, but with revision 982 I was able to rip a disc, and as each track finished ripping the encoder queued it and started correctly. This was for MPEG Audio (AAC) and MP3.

shanecavanaugh

Post by shanecavanaugh » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:16 pm

Encoding still isn't working for me on r982. Ripping works fine, but encoding doesn't start. The window doesn't say they're queued, but "Progress" for all of them remains at 0%. Console doesn't say anything and the log just logs the rips and says nothing about the encoding. This is for AACs and MP3s. I haven't tried other encoders.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:18 pm

Can you try deleting ~/Library/Preferences/org.sbooth.Max.plist and see if that helps?

ipaludis

Post by ipaludis » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:59 am

I experienced the same problems as shanecavanaugh, khead and Fuga: the converter window gets filled with files but the conversion doesn't start. I trashed the prefs file - no result. I trashed it again and this time left the "custom output file naming" unchecked and it worked fine (with paranoia, to aiff and alac). I have a iMac G5. Doing a test afterwards creating a custom output file name triggered the problem again.

Hope I could be of some use...

Thanks all for your effort and your time, I'm enjoying Max very much.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:34 am

As reported in another thread trashing my prefs wa the solution to getting the .(null) files.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:31 pm

ipaludis wrote:I experienced the same problems as shanecavanaugh, khead and Fuga: the converter window gets filled with files but the conversion doesn't start. I trashed the prefs file - no result. I trashed it again and this time left the "custom output file naming" unchecked and it worked fine (with paranoia, to aiff and alac). I have a iMac G5. Doing a test afterwards creating a custom output file name triggered the problem again.
I found the problem and fixed it in svn. It was, as reported, an issue with custom naming. Thanks for helping with this one!

Screwtape

Post by Screwtape » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:19 pm

Just a note - I downloaded the 995 build of Max and used it to rip a few CDs that just arrived from Amazon. It worked pretty well, except that it seems that when I rip a track over 15 mins long and convert to MP3, Max throws up an error dialog when it's finished encoding. The resulting file seems OK, but the error message is jarring (something about trying to put nil into an NSCFDictionary, I think).

It's kind of late right now and my ripping is done for the evening, so I can't reproduce it right now, but if nobody else can reproduce it, I'll see what I can do about getting screen-shots and the like.