Mac user needs help with starting Max

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
jodi

Mac user needs help with starting Max

Post by jodi » Wed May 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi!
I have a MacBook Pro that I purchased back in September 2009. It has Mac OSX Snow Leopard.
I am wanting to start purchasing 24/96 FLAC files from HDTracks.com, and perhaps other FLAC files from sources like Linn Records, B & W, and others. My question is this: when I go to this website to download Max, is there a certain form of Max that I should download? Is it the STABLE form or UNSTABLE form? What is the current version that I should download like, for example, Max 0.9.1.......(I see all the different downloads are a jumble of numbers and letters, but I want to make sure I download the right one).
Please help, and please welcome me to the forum!

Jodi

frits_devos

Re: Mac user needs help with starting Max

Post by frits_devos » Sun May 22, 2011 7:51 am

Jodi,
Welcome. I am using 0.9.1. That's probably your best option.
Frits

mattn

Re: Mac user needs help with starting Max

Post by mattn » Sat May 28, 2011 10:17 pm

when I go to this website to download Max, is there a certain form of Max that I should download? Is it the STABLE form or UNSTABLE form? What is the current version that I should download like, for example, Max 0.9.1.
Unfortunately there is no version information provided by Max (it lacks the version string info in the Info.plist that an application is supposed to have), so it's impossible to know what version you've got. The best identifiers are the architecture and date. The cutting edge version, which in my view is the one to have, was created in early 2011, and is 64-bit (on Intel).