MAX/RIP ?

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
chris31fr

MAX/RIP ?

Post by chris31fr » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Hi
I have some questions :

Using max : Why when I choose Basic rip the paranoia option is on ? I don't really understand how these fonctions work...
I think RIP is more clear . And if RIp is better as I can read, why don't we have only one ripping soft ?....
And what about combinate/mixing ripping, play , etc.. in one, like Itunes ?
And about Itunes does the error correction mode "on" use C2 correction or does he create "fake" bits like CD player? and what append when this mode is off ?
Lot of questions no ?
thanks
C. (from France)

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: MAX/RIP ?

Post by sbooth » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:16 am

chris31fr wrote:Using max : Why when I choose Basic rip the paranoia option is on ? I don't really understand how these fonctions work...
The basic ripper does not provide any error correction, so there are no options to configure it. The paranoia ripper uses cdparanoia to do the ripping, and the comparison ripping uses a rudimentary version of the algorithm used in Rip.
I think RIP is more clear . And if RIp is better as I can read, why don't we have only one ripping soft ?....
And what about combinate/mixing ripping, play , etc.. in one, like Itunes ?
I find that small applications with one function to be generally better and easier to use. I feel the saying "Jack of all trades, master of none" applies to software as well.
And about Itunes does the error correction mode "on" use C2 correction or does he create "fake" bits like CD player? and what append when this mode is off ?
I am not sure about iTunes, sorry.

chris31fr

Re: MAX/RIP ?

Post by chris31fr » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:13 am

merci. :wink: