Page 1 of 1

Post-processing

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:48 am
by Tony
Is it possible to have a shell script run after processing? I see the "post-processing" tab in preferences, but it won't accept a script

Re: Post-processing

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:31 am
by sbooth
Right now Max only supports applications for post-processing. You could use a shell script by setting up an AppleScript application that accepts a file and then runs the shell script.

Re: Post-processing

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:52 pm
by Tony
sbooth wrote:You could use a shell script by setting up an AppleScript application that accepts a file and then runs the shell script.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
BTW, how does MAX import the Album Art to m4a files? I ask because I'm trying to do the same via AppleScript and the only way I can do it is to convert the jpg to a pict file and then read from 513.

Tony

Re: Post-processing

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:22 pm
by sbooth
Tony wrote:BTW, how does MAX import the Album Art to m4a files? I ask because I'm trying to do the same via AppleScript and the only way I can do it is to convert the jpg to a pict file and then read from 513.
If I understand what you are asking, Max uses libmp4v2 to read and write atoms in MP4 files. The library takes care of the nitty-gritty of individual atom format, etc.

Re: Post-processing

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:34 pm
by Tony
sbooth wrote:[If I understand what you are asking, Max uses libmp4v2 to read and write atoms in MP4 files. The library takes care of the nitty-gritty of individual atom format, etc.
I see, thanks.

Re: Post-processing

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:35 pm
by Tony
sbooth wrote:You could use a shell script by setting up an AppleScript application that accepts a file and then runs the shell script.
Worked! (I tried using an Applescript wrapper unsuccessfully yesterday, but didn't realize till now that I needed to write the AppleScript as a "droplet").

Thanks.

Re: Post-processing

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:04 pm
by Tony
sbooth wrote:If I understand what you are asking, Max uses libmp4v2 to read and write atoms in MP4 files. The library takes care of the nitty-gritty of individual atom format, etc.
OK, great! I just d/l'd libmp4v2-1.5.0.1 and after compilation there's MP4TAGS in the Util folder that will allow me to add a jpeg image as artwork to the m4a file (although the option says "-P, -picture PTH Set the picture as a .png", I'm able to add a jpeg image).