Join Files - Does It Work?

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
tmtomh

Join Files - Does It Work?

Post by tmtomh » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:13 am

I'm a new - and very satisfied - Max user. I've been using it to batch-convert AIFF files to Apple Lossless.

But, I have some AIFFs that I'd like to join together during the conversion process. And I can't get that to work.

I put two AIFFs into Max's main window. Then I open the prefs and check the "join files" option. Then I hit the "convert" button in the main window.

Instead of the usual success - the progress window popping up showing me the progress on each track - the progress window pops up but it's empty.

I also get another window or dialog popping up for just a moment - I'm guessing this might be some kind of error message, but it's so fast I can't even see it; it's like a fraction of a second.

I've tried this with different file-type conversion settings, and the result is the same - when I select "join files" in the prefs, the conversion doesn't work at all. When "join files" isn't selected, everything works great.

Any idea what's going on here? TIA!

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Join Files - Does It Work?

Post by sbooth » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:41 am

Unfortunately the "Join files" checkbox has no effect- this was a feature I had intended to implement in 0.8, didn't, and forgot to remove the setting.

tmtomh

Post by tmtomh » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Ah - well that makes sense then!

As I say, Max is terrific as-is. If the join-file feature were enabled, I think it would be a terrific feature, especially for FLACs of live performances.

goldenband

Post by goldenband » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:53 am

I would really like to see this feature implemented, as it can be a huge timesaver in certain instances.

Also, based on his mention of a momentarily flashing message, I'm wondering if the OP is seeing the same nasty bug that I've been encountering?