MAx can't Save

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
keytohwy

MAx can't Save

Post by keytohwy » Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 pm

All of a sudden, Max will not save any changes. The Save menu never blackens from grey. I've tried trashing prefs...any other suggestions?

Tag still performs as expected, but I'd love to use one app. Currently going from FLAC to .m4a in Max, and trying to edit metadata along the way...

Thanks,
keytohwy

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: MAx can't Save

Post by sbooth » Sun May 31, 2009 2:27 am

Are you trying to edit tags in a file? If so, Max doesn't support this- only modifying the tags that will be transferred to new files.

keytohwy

Post by keytohwy » Sun May 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Meaning...? If I alter the info, then export to m4a files, the metadata stays? Or, it looks like I can right click on the files, and open them in Tag to make chanegs to existing FLACs, correct?

Thanks,
keytohwy
sbooth wrote:Are you trying to edit tags in a file? If so, Max doesn't support this- only modifying the tags that will be transferred to new files.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun May 31, 2009 5:45 pm

keytohwy wrote:Meaning...? If I alter the info, then export to m4a files, the metadata stays? Or, it looks like I can right click on the files, and open them in Tag to make chanegs to existing FLACs, correct?
That's right- to edit existing FLACs, use Tag, but if you change the metadata displayed in Max and then click export the new metadata will be in the new file.