spinning beach ball of death with cd's

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
bobthebob

spinning beach ball of death with cd's

Post by bobthebob » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:35 pm

using latest version of max, os x 10.4.11 macbook pro core duo 17" 2.16Ghz - here's the problem - whenever i try to use max when a cd is in my drive max hangs with the SBBD - no other apps are effected and i eventually have to force quit. this happens whether i insert the disc with max already running or launch max with disk in the drive. i turned off all the automatic do-this-on-inserting-disk actions in the prefs but no good.
max works great transcoding files already on my computer but i cannot get it to work with cd's - i am forced to import them using itunes and then transcode - annoying. (the reason i do this is because i listen to a lot of audiobooks and itunes seems to be shite for encoding audiobooks, so i encode as Apple lossless and then transcode in max to 64kps etc etc)...
anyway i had this problem with my older (.7) version of max and was hoping that the upgrade would resolve it but no. and yes i ran the applescripts for deleting prefs and cd images. i also tried using max in my "everything off" account to see if there was a 3rd party conflict. same problem.
anyone have any idea?
cheers,
b

ps love max btw.

bobthebob

Re: spinning beach ball of death with cd's

Post by bobthebob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:31 am

this problem seems to have gone away for now - no idea why...