Icon? Where is the Max Icon?

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
Dennisalan

Icon? Where is the Max Icon?

Post by Dennisalan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:25 pm

I do not see the Max icon (in order to launch the program) anywhere within the folders. Where is it supposed to be?

RonaldPR

Re: Icon? Where is the Max Icon?

Post by RonaldPR » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:49 pm

There is no special place where it is supposed to be. It is where you place it. Most people will copy it to their Applications folder, but you can place it anywhere you like. Did you download Max?

musiklovah

Post by musiklovah » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:43 pm

I downloaded the Max program. I cannot find the icon itself in the file folder. It is not there. I know to put it in apps or wherever, but it simply is not there. I cannot launch the program at all. I downloaded it twice to be sure. There is no launch icon in the file.
Can anyone help with this or have suggestions other than where to place the icon? I need to find it first.

Thanks for any help.
Looks like an excellent program!

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:47 pm

I do not understand. You download the file "Max-0.8.1.tar.bz2", you decompress the file and you will get a folder "Max-0.8.1". That folder contains six files, of which one is the application "Max" (or "Max.app" if you have Finder preferences set to show all file extensions).

musiklovah

Post by musiklovah » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:58 am

Finder found it. I wouldn't have otherwise. Anyway, wonderful program once you find the icon. :roll: