Problem joining files

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
alanl

Problem joining files

Post by alanl » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:15 pm

I am a recent convert to Macs (Macbook Pro) and have found Max very useful in converting my FLAC files to .m4a for my iPod amongst others, and I think it's amazing that such a great programme is offered as freeware. However, (isn't there always a however :( ), I have a bit of a problem.

I am trying to convert an audiobook consisting of fourteen MP3 files to one M4a file, (the extension later to be changed to M4b, but that's irrelevant here).

With the Output preference "Join input files" the operation fails with the message "An error occurred while encoding the file "14 Sherlockholmes-Studyinscarlet 14 14.m4a [NOTE: this exception originated in the server.] *** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (0) beyond bounds (0)".

If I uncheck the preference "Join input files" the operation completes as expected, i.e. with a folder containing fourteen .m4a files.

I presume this is a bug? If so is this the place to report it or is there a bug tracking system to which I should report it?

Once again, thanks for a great programme.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Problem joining files

Post by sbooth » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:11 am

The join files doesn't work currently, sorry!

There is a bug tracker at trac.sbooth.org for filing bug reports and feature requests.