Embedded art in FLAC files lost/replaced during conversion

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
rickross

Embedded art in FLAC files lost/replaced during conversion

Post by rickross » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:30 pm

I have a set of 500 FLAC files (Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time) and each file has full metadata that includes the album art for the original album the song came from.

For some reason, when I convert these FLAC files to MP3 with MAX 0.8b, it is dropping the embedded album art and replacing it with the same picture for all the files. I guess this image is coming from Amazon.com somehow, but I don't even see a way to turn that image retrieval off temporarily during this conversion.

I would love to have MAX preserve the embedded art in these FLAC files rather than replace it with the generic art it has determined to correspond to the "album". Is this possible?

If not, could you consider this a feature request to add a preference to turn image retrieval on/off during conversions.

Thanks,
Rick

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Embedded art in FLAC files lost/replaced during conversion

Post by sbooth » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:45 pm

This sounds like a bug. Max should not drop any album art unless the output format doesn't support it. As far as the artwork from amazon goes, it is never automatically downloaded so unless you grabbed it yourself that isn't the likely source of the problem. Do you recognize the picture Max is using? When you drag the files to the conversion window, can you view the correct album art for each song?