help - settings for ripping WAV files

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
Adam2

help - settings for ripping WAV files

Post by Adam2 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:13 am

I want to rip accurate wav files to my computer, to put into itunes. can someone please post the correct settings for this? i wasn't sure what to put for the audio format.

krmathis

Re: help - settings for ripping WAV files

Post by krmathis » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:35 pm

There are no "correct" settings. But this should work...
ImageImage

Adam2

Post by Adam2 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:53 am

ok. when i downloaded the program from the website, i downloaded both the "universal binary" and "source code" files... was i supposed to?

thornomad

Post by thornomad » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:27 am

I would download it from:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/maca ... 2?download

That should get you everything you need. Uncompress the file, go into the Max-0.7.1 folder and drag the application icon from there into your Applications folder.

Adam2

Post by Adam2 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:52 am

what should i do with what i downloaded? if i delete it will it still remain on the computer?

thornomad

Post by thornomad » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:07 am

After you have moved the "Max" application into your Applications folder you don't have to keep any of that stuff if you don't want to. Or move the whole folder into your Applications folder. It is up to you. If you delete the Max Application you will delete the program.

Adam2

Post by Adam2 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:04 am

i downloaded both the "universal binary" and "source code" files... i wasn't sure if need them both, or if they both had the program, or what. if i downloaded them both, i didn't put the program on here twice or anything, right?

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:30 am

You do not need the source code, that is developers stuff. Trash it.

thornomad

Post by thornomad » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:29 pm

Adam2 wrote:i downloaded both the "universal binary" and "source code" files... i wasn't sure if need them both, or if they both had the program, or what. if i downloaded them both, i didn't put the program on here twice or anything, right?
RonaldPR said: you don't need the source code to run Max ... follow the link I posted above, download the .bz2 file, uncompress it, drag the Max application icon into you Applications folder ... if you have a copy already there it will says: "are you sure you want to overwrite it?" You can. Then throw everything else into the trash leaving the application in the applications folder.

D

Adam2

Post by Adam2 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:03 pm

i put the Max icon into my applications folder and deleted everything else. am i good?

thornomad

Post by thornomad » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Adam2 wrote:i put the Max icon into my applications folder and deleted everything else. am i good?
Should be good to go. Does the application work? You can drag the icon from your Applications folder onto your Dock if you want to create a "shortcut" there. Removing it from the dock does not delete the program. If you want to get rid of the program, you should drag it from your Applications folder into the Trash.