Flac with Cuesheet

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
thornomad

Flac with Cuesheet

Post by thornomad » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:19 pm

Hi,

I have Max (0.7.1) and am burning to a FLAC file. I have chosen, from Preferences-->Ripper to 'rip to a single file" and "generate cuesheet". After the rip, I have the whole CD in a single file but I don't seem to have a cuesheet.

I don't know a lot about it ... but ... when I open the 00 Multiple Tracks.flac file in Play (0.2) it will play the file but doesn't show any track information (under "Track" in the library list it says: "/10"). And if I bring the .flac file back into Max to re-rip to MP3 it doesn't show the tracks either.

Should this be working ?

I really want to accomplish: burning the CD once to a .flac file with embedded cuesheet. Then ripping the file into MP3s (individual files, not a "single file"). Is this possible ?

thanks again,
Damon

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Flac with Cuesheet

Post by sbooth » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:53 pm

The current unstable version of Play can handled FLAC files with embedded cue sheets; you should be able to play each track separately.

I am working on adding the same support to Max.

thornomad

Post by thornomad » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:06 pm

Oh great! I wasn't sure if something wasn't working right ... am very exciting that's a planned feature. I did download the unstable version of Play to check it out, but I couldn't get the program to open ... I got an error at runtime ... so I figured it wasn't quite ready yet and didn't push the issue. If it is helpful, I can try again and report the error to your bugtracker (or similiar) if need be.

Would be a wonderful feature to be able to burn from a flac file with cuesheet -- especially if there was CDDB compatibility (don't know if that is possible or not). Is great you are working on this project, since there seems to be absolutely nothing like it on the Mac.

Thanks again.

Let me know if the bug interests you.

Damon

thornomad

Post by thornomad » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:20 pm

thornomad wrote:I did download the unstable version of Play to check it out, but I couldn't get the program to open ... I got an error at runtime ... so I figured it wasn't quite ready yet and didn't push the issue. If it is helpful, I can try again and report the error to your bugtracker (or similiar) if need be.
I saw this error is already reported in the Play forum -- I'm going to try the "fix" later tonight.