Join Tracks ?

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
thornomad

Join Tracks ?

Post by thornomad » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:17 pm

Hi -

Am a new Max user ... want to get away from iTunes and love the simplicity of this product line (and that it uses LAME -- awesome).

However, I can't seem to find a way to "join tracks" ... is that a feature (did a forum search but didn't see anything)? I see that I can "rip to a single file" ... is that the way? I assume I would have to set that, choose the three tracks I wanted to join, do the rip/conversion, then set it back to normal for the rest of the CD ? (I am thinking of a case of classical music where some of the tracks really need to be together). Or is there an easier way ?

Thanks,
Damon

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Join Tracks ?

Post by sbooth » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:43 am

Yes, "rip to a single file" is the way to join multiple CD tracks.

chicken

Post by chicken » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:48 am

thornomad wrote:Hi -

Am a new Max user ... want to get away from iTunes and love the simplicity of this product line (and that it uses LAME -- awesome).

However, I can't seem to find a way to "join tracks" ... is that a feature (did a forum search but didn't see anything)? I see that I can "rip to a single file" ... is that the way? I assume I would have to set that, choose the three tracks I wanted to join, do the rip/conversion, then set it back to normal for the rest of the CD ? (I am thinking of a case of classical music where some of the tracks really need to be together). Or is there an easier way ?

Thanks,
Damon
I stopped joining tracks ever since iTunes/iPod started supporting Gapless Playback.
I don't need a signature.

thornomad

Post by thornomad » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:30 am

For me the issue is more of keeping the tracks together during a "shuffle" ... I like to listen to random classical music and would rather it stay in the same movement.