When is the next update?

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
pisymbol

When is the next update?

Post by pisymbol » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:42 pm

I have been using Decibel with a very high-end playback system and I love it. However, when will there be any new updates/features?

Features that I would like to have (since everyone seems to be laying it on):

- Integrated Tag into Decibel
- Force sampling rate (for upsampling, right now I have to go to the MIDI utility to select a sampling rate, would be great if Decibel offered this feature)
- Sort by year (PLEASE, this can not be that difficult to do and its very annoying that Decibel doesn't offer this simple feature - regex is your friend if FLAC date format is a free for all)

Bug fixes:

- Sometimes I lose my playlist when exiting
- Sort order is not retained sometimes (this seems very random)
- Adding new tracks should cause a resort which again doesn't happen sometimes (it is added to the bottom)
- Disc number should be automatically sorted when you sort by Album

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: When is the next update?

Post by sbooth » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:42 am

The next major version of Decibel is turning out to be a large rewrite because Apple is now requiring all app submission other than bug fixes to be sandboxed. This is a large change for Decibel, and coupled with the feature set the update is taking much longer to write than I had hoped. I am not comfortable giving a release date at this point.

Can you clarify what you mean by "force sample rate"? Do you mean the ability to select a device's sample rate when automatic switching is disabled?

pisymbol

Re: When is the next update?

Post by pisymbol » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:51 am

sbooth wrote:The next major version of Decibel is turning out to be a large rewrite because Apple is now requiring all app submission other than bug fixes to be sandboxed. This is a large change for Decibel, and coupled with the feature set the update is taking much longer to write than I had hoped. I am not comfortable giving a release date at this point.
No rush. :-)
sbooth wrote: Can you clarify what you mean by "force sample rate"? Do you mean the ability to select a device's sample rate when automatic switching is disabled?
Yes correct. I'd like to be able to switch the sample rate of the device from within Decibel without going through the MIDI tool.

And just to reiterate, sort by year. Another feature that would be nice to have is a watch directory.