Now I have no decibel at all

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
bgrant

Now I have no decibel at all

Post by bgrant » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:32 pm

I went back to to the app store to try to reinstall D. It told me I had a newer version installed and had to delete it. I trashed it, emptied the trash, and then deleted D from the list of installed m installed apps (why this feature!!!!! Why an X means delete from list of installed Apps!??????). So now I have no D and no way to reinstall it. PLease help!

Barry

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Now I have no decibel at all

Post by sbooth » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:13 am

If you've purchased Decibel from the MAS it is strange that you can't reinstall it. What happens if you go to the "Purchases" section of the store?

bgrant

Post by bgrant » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:25 am

The prob was that, without knowing what I was doing, I deleted D from my list of purchases, so that when I went to download D, I got a "buy" message. I learned from Apple that the system still knew I owned D, so if I clicked "buy" it would show that I already owned it.

Barry

jazzyguy

Post by jazzyguy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:11 am

OK I just viewed the solution to your problem on OSX Hints. Here is what they said:"While viewing my purchased apps in the Mac application of 'App Store' I clicked the (X) next to the iPhoto Installed button. iPhoto immediately disappeared from the list of purchased apps.

There is no Undo for this nor any other obvious or searched solution. Here is how to restore the listing of purchased apps. It is not obvious.

Delete an app if you haven't. Under the App Store menu item Store drag down to View My Account.

Enter your password and a new option is available in the account window listing Hidden Purchases with an option to unhide them.

You do not see this option unless you have deleted at least one list item. This provides a way of filtering out rejected apps you have purchased. " Let me know if this helps! I am glad to help out as I have had help here myself!