playback problem

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
geert100

playback problem

Post by geert100 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 am

dear Decibel,

the software sounds great. Though I do have a problem. If I play 96/24 FLAC's the playback seems to be fine. If I play 44.1 Apple Lossless than the playback starts giving problems. At first sound is fine, then gives cracks, then stops. File keeps on playing, but without sound. My setup is a MacBook Pro, with a HRT Music Streamer II+. Do you have any advice what to about this?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

geert100

Re: playback problem

Post by geert100 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:10 am

dear Sbooth,

I'd like to get some feedback on my playback problem. Right now it's not possible to play 44.1 songs with Decibel.

Thanks for your help,
Geert.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:00 pm

It's hard to say what the specific problem could be without more information. If you switch to your Mac's built-in audio do the problems continue?

polecat

Post by polecat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:30 pm

I too have a HRT Music Streamer II+ connected to a current model mac mini and I've been having a problem similar to yours. I get a crackling/static like sound over the music and the volume seems diminished. It is intermittent and usually when I first open decibel. If I close it and reopen it usually does ok then. I've only noticed this since updating to 1.2.5. The problem does not happen with iTunes or Audirvana so I don't think it is any of my system components or my computer.

Also, and this my be my imagination, I'm not wowed by what I'm hearing from 1.2.5 like I was with 1.2.4. What would be the consequences of going back to an eariler version of Decibel?

geert100

Post by geert100 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks for your answer. It doesn't happen when I switch to internal speakers of my MacBook.
It's the same as in Polecats answer.
iTunes with HRT music streamer II+ is fine.
Decibel with HRT is not fine. Problem is especially with 44.1 files (lossless ripped cd's)
Decibel with internal speakers is also fine.

thanks for your help.

geert100

Post by geert100 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Dear Sbooth, dear Decibel,

I'd really like to get some feedback on my problems with your software. I practically can't use it now.

Thanks for your help,
Geert.