Is AirPlay on the radar?

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
detoxguy

Is AirPlay on the radar?

Post by detoxguy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:53 am

I was just wondering if adding AirPlay compatibility is possible or upcoming? I know I could buy yet another piece of software (airfoil) but if this is something that will come in a future update I will hold off and wait for it to be built into Decibel.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Is AirPlay on the radar?

Post by sbooth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:55 am

It is something I would like to implement, but the earliest I would even hope to see it as a feature (if ever) would be in 6-8 months.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Airplay = my finally purchasing. Unless Audirvana Plus does it first, but I prefer Decibel's GUI stuff. My ears are not golden; both sound great. And, good enough so that even I can tell differences over iTunes, Vox, et.al.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Just tried the latest Swinsian. Sound could be better, even to my tin ears. But what it does have, besides FLAC support, is Airplay implementation. And it is good. In all likelihood I will always be controlling my music through wireless. Decibel, when I trialed it, and everything else, through Airfoil, had dropouts at predictable places. My test track has been Yes's Close to the Edge. The first minute has silence building through a crescendo (albeit of birds sounds), to a sudden immense burst of audio (being the first split second of the full band busting loose) - makes the wireless hiccup every time. Playing that track ALAC even on a wired network drive, through my laptop, to the Airport Express is fine - not so with the same path (though FLAC) through Decibel/Cog/Vox/whatever>Airfoil. Same path playing the FLAC through Swinsian is fine.

So, PLEASE, consider Airplay.