USB output

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
cboyse

USB output

Post by cboyse » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 am

Will Decibel be an improvement to my sound if I am bypassing the iMAC sound board and getting my signal from my iMAC's USB board? To clarify: I have Alesis M1Active 320 USB studio monitor speakers (which have their own sound board) and are plugged into my iMac's USB port in order to bypass the inferior Apple sound board. If I get Decibel should I get better sound quality or is it a waste because I'm not using the internal sound board. This might be a dumb question but no-one at Apple seems to know the answer. Thank you.

Reuti

Re: USB output

Post by Reuti » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:20 pm

I have the same speakers but I dont’t get your question in detail. You can use any software with the USB-D/A in the speakers, it’s not limited to Decibel. When you open the Apple Profiler you can check that the speakers identify themselves as Burr-Brown from TI.

cboyse

Re: USB output

Post by cboyse » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks. The speakers are detected. I had meant to ask if Decibel, or any other software, works if using USB-D/A. Was trying to decide whether to buy software or whether it only works if using the internal hardware. Probably a dumb question. I subsequently bought Decibel and it sounds like an improvement over iTunes.
Now, how can i permanently save the balance settings made in Audio MIDI? speaker settings (balance) reset back to defaults when I restart my MAC? Thanks for the help!