No Audio output with FLAC files

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
mekong56

No Audio output with FLAC files

Post by mekong56 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:40 pm

I can get FLAC files to play, but no audio output. Using a Mac Mini out via USB to a dB Audio Labs Tranquility DAC.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: No Audio output with FLAC files

Post by sbooth » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Do your FLAC files play correctly using your Mac's built-in audio (selected in Decibel's preferences)?

mekong56

Post by mekong56 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:10 pm

sbooth wrote:Do your FLAC files play correctly using your Mac's built-in audio (selected in Decibel's preferences)?
No they won't.

Also, most all of my FLAC files are not visible to choose from. How do I get them to show up in the iTunes window?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:45 pm

FLAC files will never show up in the iTunes browser because that data comes straight from iTunes, which doesn't handle FLAC. To open a FLAC file with Decibel you can drag it to the playlist or use the File -> Add Tracks... menu item.

mekong56

Post by mekong56 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 am

sbooth wrote:FLAC files will never show up in the iTunes browser because that data comes straight from iTunes, which doesn't handle FLAC. To open a FLAC file with Decibel you can drag it to the playlist or use the File -> Add Tracks... menu item.
Got it. It was all user error :)!! Got audio output now. This is quite a nice sounding player.