Sample Rate using new MacBook Pro

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
Killy

Sample Rate using new MacBook Pro

Post by Killy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:31 pm

I just bought Decibel and I'm really enjoying it, although I'm having trouble getting my 96/24 tracks to output at 96kHz. My DacMagic is showing an incoming sample rate of 48, but I'm feeding it 96kHz FLAC files from B&W's Society of Sound as well as HDTracks. Any thoughts here?
Thanks,
Sean

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Sample Rate using new MacBook Pro

Post by sbooth » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:52 pm

I'm not intimately familiar with the DacMagic, but according to http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/specifica ... ifications the only sample rates supported for the USB input are 44.1 and 48. I assume you're using a USB connection?

Killy

Post by Killy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:01 am

Thanks so much for the quick reply. That's correct, I'm using USB. Is there another, possibly better, option?

Thanks!

Sonorix

Post by Sonorix » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:20 am

Hello...
Use your optical out, it goes up to 96khz.
Or buy an M2tech HiFace (USB 2 RCA converter).

Sonorix

PhishRabbi

Post by PhishRabbi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 pm

No. Use your optical out. It is a combo jack, so what you think of as the headphone jack also is a mini-optical port. You'll need an adaptor for use with a regular spdif optical cable or a special mini->>regular cable.

These will work:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... 1&format=2
http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... 1&format=4

You can spend as much as you want, but remember- bits is bits.

-Noah

Killy

Post by Killy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Really appreciate the assist here! Looking forward to getting this going.

Killy

Post by Killy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:34 am

I happened to have one of those adapters on hand, but I'm still having issues. I sent this to Stephen, but wanted to post this here as well, just in case you guys have any tips.
Hi there Stephen. I'm wondering if you can help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having? You've already helped me realize my DacMagic won't do 96/24 through USB - thank you. So per the recommendation of a couple of posts on your forum, I tried using my headphone jack on my MacBook Pro with a Toslink adapter. Now I'm getting intermittent sound and and quite a bit of static when playing any audio file through Decibel. Is there a setting in the software I should try changing? I have a new optical cable on the way as well, just in case.

I've read some rave reviews about Decibel, so I'm looking forward to getting this up and running!

Thank you in advance.

Sean