Meta-data parsing

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
Rover

Meta-data parsing

Post by Rover » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello!

I've encountered the problem with mp3 tags parsing. In iTunes mp3 file has Title, Album, Artist fields filled in, in Decibel there are default values for them: Track05, UnknownTitle, UnknownArtist.

In iTunes I can see that Comments field contains Track05.

I can attach the file in question if needed.

Also the pause button is not changing to play button after being pressed. Should it? But it works as intended, pauses/resumes playback without problem.

I'm using Decibel 1.2.4.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Meta-data parsing

Post by sbooth » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 pm

If you can send me a sample MP3 with tags that aren't read correctly, I will be more than happy to take a look and try to figure out why.

The Play/Pause button should update state accordingly. A bug similar to what you're describing existed in previous versions but I thought it was fixed in 1.2.4. If you are able to reliably reproduce the bug please let me know how so I can determine the cause.

Rover

Re: Meta-data parsing

Post by Rover » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Sent an e-mail with file to you.

Regarding Play/Pause button. I don't do anything special. Just playing/pausing tracks from playlist. Noticed that there's a considerable delay sometimes before it does switch state, sometimes it doesn't switch at all, staying with Play or Pause art, but it does work as intended, playing or pausing. Have you seen the delay? You don't have any problems at all with 1.2.4?