Track numbers?

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
darthlaker

Track numbers?

Post by darthlaker » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:30 am

Hi,

Does Decibel display track numbers?

Also, when you add an album to Decibel it seems that it adds the tracks but not in the albums original order?

Any ideas??

Thanks
Mark

alturigo

Re: Track numbers?

Post by alturigo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Hello there,

I've seen the same behavior when adding tracks, they are not sorted by their number. The workaround I found is to sort the playlist by track number and then by album but that has to be done every time you add a new album.

I hope it can be fixed.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Decibel's playlist should be re-sorted every time you add tracks, based on whatever sorting criteria have been specified by clicking on the table column headers. From your post I assume this is not what you're experiencing?

alturigo

Post by alturigo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:05 pm

I've been trying to reproduce the problem so I could give you more detailed info.

Looks like it depends on how I add the tracks, if I select all the tracks or a playlist they'll be loaded fine (track1, track2...), however, if I add them selecting the album's folder sometimes the order won't be correct (track4, track2...). The content of these folders usually includes album art (.jpgs mainly) and that may be somehow interfering (if there are only .mp3 the order is ok).