Crashing...

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:55 am

...yesterday after buying and using "db" for some time I installed the 1.0.3 update... today the program doesn't open at all. It crashes as from the first second... Why???

DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Well a very strange thing is going on... not being able to run the 1.0.3 version I opened the 1.0, which I had downloaded at first, it run normally (I didn't hear any music but the program stayed on), then I deleted the 1.0 version and tried to rerun the 1.0.3 ... it run normally and now I can hear music!!

What is going on???

User avatar
sbooth
Site Admin
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Crashing...

Post by sbooth » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm not sure. Do you have a crash log you can send?

I'm glad it's working now, though.

TMoyers
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Crashing...

Post by TMoyers » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:17 pm

I am crashing immediately upon opening Decibel. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but does not fix the problem. The error report says that decibel closed unexpectedly. I cannot send it because it flashes on the screen and then shuts down and only allows a report to be sent to Apple.

DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm

sbooth wrote:I'm not sure. Do you have a crash log you can send?

I'm glad it's working now, though.
Unfortunately not for long... it's crashing again!
I'll try to send the log...

DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:02 pm

I sent it with pm!!!

User avatar
sbooth
Site Admin
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Crashing...

Post by sbooth » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Please try deleting the ~/Library/Application Support/Decibel/Playlist.plist file and see if this fixes the crash.

DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Well partly... when I delete the file you say it works ... once... then I must delete the new "playlist.plist" again!!

DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:26 pm

TMoyers wrote:I am crashing immediately upon opening Decibel. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but does not fix the problem. The error report says that decibel closed unexpectedly. I cannot send it because it flashes on the screen and then shuts down and only allows a report to be sent to Apple.
Are you referring to the 1.0.3 or 1.0.2? With the 1.0.2 I never had that problem...

DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:35 pm

DomieMic65 wrote:Well partly... when I delete the file you say it works ... once... then I must delete the new "playlist.plist" again!!
...or delete the playlist I am listening to before I Quit the application... then it reruns again but the "Crash report" still opens with the program...

DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:03 pm

...or if I uncheck the "Playlist: remember between launches" from preferences.

Decibull
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Crashing...

Post by Decibull » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 pm

I have been having crashing as well. Have not been able to open the program this morning. Will try deleting pref files, etc., when I get a chance.

DomieMic65
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Crashing...

Post by DomieMic65 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:26 pm

if I delete the program from the computer to download it again in order to find out if the problem will be solved, will I have any problem with the license?

bfn
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Crashing...

Post by bfn » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:42 pm

DomieMic65 wrote:
DomieMic65 wrote:Well partly... when I delete the file you say it works ... once... then I must delete the new "playlist.plist" again!!
...or delete the playlist I am listening to before I Quit the application... then it reruns again but the "Crash report" still opens with the program...
my experience exactly. And I'm talking about version 1.03.
Version 1.02 worked fine but could never remember the playlist, if the files weren't stored locally but on my NAS instead.

User avatar
sbooth
Site Admin
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Crashing...

Post by sbooth » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks to all for reporting this- I discovered the bug and will release 1.0.4 later today which will fix the problem.

Post Reply