Decibel Feature Requests!

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
NuMystic

Decibel Feature Requests!

Post by NuMystic » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 am

Didn't see any other Decibel thread or forum, so I'm just going to put my feature requests here…

1) Please make Decibel auto start a song when it is double clicked from the finder!

Or at the very least, if not by default, then offer an option for this behaviour in the preferences.

Would love to make this my primary player for all music files, but this feature means going to the
interface and hitting the play button every single time to get it started, which is an extra step every other player I've ever
used doesn't require. (iTunes, Play, Vox, VLC, etc.)

Like many people I don't always have the player open with a playlist loaded, often I've just downloaded,
ripped, or converted a file and launch the player from the finder itself with a double click. The extra
step is certainly not an enormous inconvenience, but it is a tiny inconvenience that every other player
sidesteps.

2) Please offer either a mini player interface by default that can be expanded when needed, or if that's
troublesome allow us to use the corner to shrink the current player window significantly further so it's
less obtrusive while running multiple apps. (vox is probably my favorite player currently for it's
incredibly simple and tiny interface… be nice if we had a black skin option like it's default as well)

Would love to adopt and promote Decibel as my goto player of choice but these two things are what
currently stand in the way of that.

NuMystic

Re: Decibel Feature Requests!

Post by NuMystic » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:56 am

And PLEASE give us a volume control independent from the main system volume!

Despite the above niggles I was going to try and keep using Decibel, but this is an absolute deal breaker.

If I can't mute and raise the gain for just the player at will then there's no way I can use it in the
background while running other apps. Once again this is a super basic feature that every other
player I've ever used offers.

scott brown

Post by scott brown » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:35 pm

output directly to Apple TV? :)

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 pm

An equalizer is critical for me, a daily need.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:47 am

I've just finished setting up FogBugz to handle bug reports and feature requests for Decibel. Please send all your good ideas to support AT sbooth DOT org and that way they won't get lost.

jerrypc

Post by jerrypc » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:31 pm

I am considering buying Decibel, but I need cue file support.
My music collections are all in cue+ape or cue+flac format, so please support cue format.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:38 pm

jerrypc wrote:I am considering buying Decibel, but I need cue file support.
My music collections are all in cue+ape or cue+flac format, so please support cue format.
This is on my TODO list already. Thanks for the request!

brh

Post by brh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:00 pm

I have a few requests — does it work out better to submit them individually to the support email, or all in one large email?

bfn

Post by bfn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:20 pm

sbooth wrote:I've just finished setting up FogBugz to handle bug reports and feature requests for Decibel. Please send all your good ideas to support AT sbooth DOT org and that way they won't get lost.
If I understand this correctly, I'm not supposed to place feature requests here in the forum?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:55 pm

I'll enter feature requests posted here into the tracker, so if the feature request might generate discussion this would be an appropriate place. Please just make a new thread for each feature request so I can keep track!

viz

Post by viz » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 pm

jerrypc wrote:I am considering buying Decibel, but I need cue file support.
+1 on this request

viz

Post by viz » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Another feature important for me, in addition to .cue files, is last.fm support. Preferably if it will be done without last.fm player integration, by direct posting to last.fm site, like it is done in VOX. Besides, this will allow to add a free banner on last.fm site for each person who plays music using Decibel ;)

cyayon

Post by cyayon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi,

I plan to buy too, but do you plan to add control point feature ? i will be very pleased if i could control decibel with my iphone / ipod / ipad (dlna app for example) ...

Thanks.

luxbingen

Post by luxbingen » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:12 am

Please support 'Growl Notification'.

http://growl.info/

callisto

Post by callisto » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Besides (standalone) last.fm integration and growl notification I'd like to have the possibility to display the cover art from a file in the files' directory, since dislike using embedded images. Additionaly to that an option to enter the filenames Decibel has to look for. Control with multimedia keys would be nice, too.

Another thing, rather a bug than a feature: Please let us close the window with cmd+w, right now it quits the player just like cmd+q, extremely annoying!

Thx!