Lost license file

Discuss Decibel, a high quality audio player.
jordandcarter

Lost license file

Post by jordandcarter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Hey,

I've upgraded OS and I can't find my license file in my time machine backup. I found the email to download the license again but the link doesn't give me my license anymore.

I tried to PM you sbooth but that feature isn't enabled for me yet because I just registered.

the_baz

Re: Lost license file

Post by the_baz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm in the same boat... My SSD startup drive tanked and my license file for Decibel wasn't in a backed-up folder. Unable to PM sbooth, so I'm not sure what to do!

Please help... I already tried re-downloading the license file from the e-mail to no avail. A serial number would have been much more convenient (and something that I could have searched-out in my e-mail inbox, had the registration been lost someone on a machine).

Cheers.

the_baz

Post by the_baz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:26 pm

I've had the same thing happen to me. My license file for Decibel wasn't in a backup of my SSD startup drive that recently tanked. Is there any way to get it back, as (to my horror) I discovered clicking that the link in the post-purchase e-mail no longer downloads the license, nor is there any serial number that can be entered (an inconvenience, as that would have been backed-up to the cloud, by virtue of being in my e-mail inbox). Please advise & help!

Cheers.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:35 pm

I agree about serial numbers- the method I'm using for Tag will be the licensing scheme for Decibel 2 and will avoid the need for a separate license file.

tcdk

Post by tcdk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 pm

The response does not seem to address the problem. How does one recover a license file?

My related problem is that I have changed Macs and need to transfer Decibel from my older
Mac to the new one that I am using now as my music server. How does one make the
transfer - or is it necessary to make a new purchase?

Tony

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:47 am

If you are transferring from one personal computer to another you may copy the license directly. It is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Decibel/XXXX.decibel-license. If the license is lost please send me a PM with your order number and I will reactivated the download link.

the_baz

Post by the_baz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks for the help, again, Stephen...

I am really enjoying the latest version of the app now that my Decibel license file is back where it belongs (and backed up!). Thanks again for an incredibly good & reasonably priced application!

Cheers,

Basil
in Atlanta

corehun

Post by corehun » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:14 am

sbooth wrote:If you are transferring from one personal computer to another you may copy the license directly. It is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Decibel/XXXX.decibel-license. If the license is lost please send me a PM with your order number and I will reactivated the download link.
Hi, I am in the same situation . But I am a new comer so pm is not allowed for me. Need assistance?

stuckinthe70s

Post by stuckinthe70s » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:04 am

I've just returned to using a macbook after going back to windows for a while. Obviously, I have lost my licence file, but to compound the problem I think when I purchased Decibel I was using a different email account as I cannot find any contact etc in my current email history. Is there anything you can do to help or will I have to buy another licence?

stringgz301

Post by stringgz301 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:03 pm

corehun wrote:
sbooth wrote:If you are transferring from one personal computer to another you may copy the license directly. It is stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Decibel/XXXX.decibel-license. If the license is lost please send me a PM with your order number and I will reactivated the download link.
Hi, I am in the same situation . But I am a new comer so pm is not allowed for me. Need assistance?

Ditto. Any suggestions?

asterix2k10

Post by asterix2k10 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi,

I lost my license file also, when I was doing a clean install of my OS. I purchased decibel in 2011 (Order XXX.) I'm new and can't pm either.

What should I do?

RaoulGonzo

Post by RaoulGonzo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:36 am

I'm a new member as well. I've lost my license and cannot PM. I have my order number, but have no way to get it to you. Any help is appreciated.

Axiom05

Post by Axiom05 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Why can't you PM? I had no problem sending a PM when I joined the forum several months ago, I did not even have a license for Decibel. You may not get a reply right away but you will at some point.