Input/output error with Rip

Discuss Rip, an open source accurate CD audio extractor.
DenverDude

Input/output error with Rip

Post by DenverDude » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 pm

Hello everyone ... I just bought a new MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.2 and updated Rip to Version 1.0b (14). I can open Rip, and it even pulls the metadata from my iTunes. However, when I press the "Copy Tracks" button, it starts to rip and then 3 seconds later I get an error message that reads "The operation couldn’t be completed. Input/output error". I tried multiple discs and still go the error. Is there some incompatibility with the new Mac OS or is there a setting or something that I need to adjust?

Any input is much appreciated ... I have always loved this program and hope I can get it to work again.

Stemenik

Re: Input/output error with Rip

Post by Stemenik » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 pm

I have the same problem, I just updated to Mountain Lion my brand new MacBook Pro, which worked in Lion just for several hours. I installed Rip for the first time in Mountain Lion and it just gives the I/O error. Everything else seems to work just fine, I could detect the mech offset, choose the target folder etc. Metadata are retrieved and all, It just can't rip the disc.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Is there adequate space on your drive for the temporary files?

ghandler

Post by ghandler » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm getting the same error on a new MBP with around 85GB free on the local drive.
My target is a share on a Synology NAS.

Stemenik

Post by Stemenik » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am

sbooth wrote:Is there adequate space on your drive for the temporary files?
I'm sorry, are you asking if I have enough space in a brand new MacBook Pro's HD in order to rip a single CD?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm

I was, because I'm not aware of how the drive is partitioned. Assuming that free space isn't the problem, does disabling C2 (using the checkbox in the Inspector) change anything?