Page 1 of 1
Error when ripping
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:17 am
I am a new user of Max.
Each time I try to rip a CD to mp3, I get the following error:
[<RipperController 0x4a19b60> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key taskMaster
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:14 am
I know why this is happening- it's an error specific to the French localization of Max. I did some internal renaming and this was overlooked.
The best way to fix this problem is to replace the offending file, Max.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/Ripper.nib, with a correct version.
If you would be happy with the Ripper window in English or German, replace the offending file with either Max.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Ripper.nib or Max.app/Contents/Resources/German.lproj/Ripper.nib
To do this easily, assuming that Max is in the Applications folder, open up Terminal and type:
Code: Select all
mv /Applications/Max.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/Ripper.nib /tmp
cp -r /Applications/Max.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Ripper.nib /Applications/Max.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj
If you want to get the French version, you'll need to grab it from svn.
To do this (you must be connected to the internet), open up Terminal and type:
Code: Select all
mv /Applications/Max.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/Ripper.nib /tmp/Ripper-old.nib
svn export https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/macaudiox/trunk/French.lproj/Ripper.nib
cp -r ./Ripper.nib /Applications/Max.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj
Thanks for reporting this!
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:00 am
OK, it works, thanks.
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:53 am
I have the same problem, so I tried what you say there but I can't do the "svn export https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mac ... Ripper.nib
" because I get an error saying "svn" is a "command not found"...
So, if you had an idea. Many thanks.
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:32 pm
nicolinux. Subversion is not part of the standard Mac OS X installation.
You find it here: http://subversion.tigris.org/
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:05 pm
OK many thanks, I'll try with this !
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:34 pm
Well it doesn't seem to work : after installing what you gave me and even rebooting, it still says it's an unknown command...
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:02 pm
I've posted the Ripper.nib file at http://sbooth.org/files/Ripper.nib.tar.bz2
. You should be able to replace the offending one (Max.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/Ripper.nib) more easily this way than with svn.
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:07 pm
Aah, finally, it works !
Thank you very much !