Page 1 of 1

unwanted track numbers in titles

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:07 am
by barnz
Hi -
I have been using MAX for a couple of weeks and I am very happy with the improved sound quality of my digital music library.
I am a little disconcerted by the intermittent appearance of track numbers in the song titles - both in the filename as well as in the title in iTunes. Sometimes the number shows up once, sometimes twice, sometimes three times in a row, and without me changing settings. for example, I just finished importing a cd, and had some tracks come in without the number, and some with. I had hands off the whole time, so I'm pretty confused. I can't find where this issue has been addressed in the forum previously so I signed up looking for help!

Re: unwanted track numbers in titles

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 am
by sbooth
What version of Max and OS X are you using?

Re: unwanted track numbers in titles

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:30 am
by barnz
oops!
Sorry for not being specific.
Max 0.8.1
OS X 10.5.3

One other common issue - I often get this error when the encoder finishes writing a file:
Picture 1.png
It happens consistently for each song on a CD, but only for certain CDs. It seems mostly harmless, apart from holding up the Ripper from getting on to the next track, until I clear the dialog box.

Re: unwanted track numbers in titles

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:42 am
by barnz
So I have figured out that the unwanted track number problem was correctable within iTunes:
Preferences: Advanced: Importing: uncheck "Create Filenames with Track numbers"

For some reason files created by Max were confusing iTunes, where rips done directly in iTunes seemed to be immune.

I was hoping correcting this would alleviate my other problem, the "Descriptor type mismatch" error. But sadly that's not the case. It's too bad because it really slows things down to have to clear the error dialog in between each song.

Re: unwanted track numbers in titles

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 am
by bc.rox.all
Changing this preference didn't fix the descriptor type mismatch error. :x