100% ITunes compatible AAC encoding with Max

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
mikaelbystrom

100% ITunes compatible AAC encoding with Max

Post by mikaelbystrom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm at loss on what specific AAC encoding to use that not only plays in iTunes, which is simple, but also that is playable over the network when using iTunes sharing.

All options for AAC encoding that are available in iTunes play. In the past I've encoded tracks in Max 0.9.1 under OS X 10.5.8 that are still playable also over the network, but at the moment I can't get any of the options available in Max 0.9.1 under OS X 10.5.8 to work when I share from that machine with iTunes 10.6.1 to a OS X 10.7.4 machine with the same version of ITunes.

Surely there is ONE basic setting that always will work? But which one? I use .m4a extension for all. VBR or actual bit rate doesn't make a difference. I use the options available from Core Audio that I assumed is the same iTunes use.

Any ideas?

mattn

Re: 100% ITunes compatible AAC encoding with Max

Post by mattn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:18 am

This doesn't sound like a Max question. It is iTunes's business, and no one else's, to do iTunes sharing. If iTunes can play it, iTunes should be able to share it - without any exceptions. iTunes will share any format it can play - all it's doing is transmitting the file over the network to another copy of iTunes to play. If that's not happening, the problem is surely in the iTunes sharing setup.