How does it work?

Get answers on how to get Tag to do what you want it to.
Axxll

How does it work?

Post by Axxll » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:11 pm

I'm newbe , I dont know how Tag.app works. !! The reason i downloaded it,was / is that i thought i could use it to change the music file name stored in my HD in: /user/itunes/itunes music

into the new title/artist that i have editted on itunes .app

Help me please.?

shanecavanaugh

Post by shanecavanaugh » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:27 pm

Tag.app isn't able to change the file name of any audio that iTunes can play. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

golemB

Post by golemB » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:55 pm

shanecavanaugh wrote:Tag.app isn't able to change the file name of any audio that iTunes can play. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
This is usually helpful when you have a collection of music that has been tagged and/or filenamed inconsistently, and you want to reorganize in a way that works best for you and/or your music player(s). For example, maybe you have a portable audio player that works only with file and directory structure (e.g., Genre/Artist/Album/Songs). It would be great to have a way to have a music library manager file your songs based on this scheme in the filesystem. Or you might want your filename to be [Artist]-[Album]-[Song].ogg, for example, so you can tell what your files are in Finder without having to go through a media player to look at tags.

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:59 pm

golemB wrote:Or you might want your filename to be [Artist]-[Album]-[Song].ogg, for example, so you can tell what your files are in Finder without having to go through a media player to look at tags.
Renaming music files using MP3/AAC tags is one of the numerous options for file renaming that "A Better Finder Rename" can handle. You can even choose which tags to use and in which order.
http://www.publicspace.net/ABetterFinde ... index.html