iTunes metadata into Tag?

Discuss Tag, an open source metadata editor for audio files.
jones

iTunes metadata into Tag?

Post by jones » Fri May 16, 2008 1:44 am

Hi,
Is it possible to get iTunes metadata into Tag in the same manner as the applescript that transfers metadata from iTunes to Max? The reason I ask is that I have a lot of flac files, but to me it seems that iTunes metadata is more correct. Thanks.

Jones

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: iTunes metadata into Tag?

Post by sbooth » Fri May 16, 2008 4:35 am

In theory this is possible, but how would you know which files in iTunes to get the info from?

jones

Post by jones » Fri May 16, 2008 10:18 pm

My thought was that in iTunes a playlist is created with the tracks which metadata one want to transfer to some flac files where the metadata is incorrect. In Tag there could be two windows. One with the metadata of the chosen flac tracks and another where one can import the metadata from the iTunes playlist. Having two windows one can compare metadata track by track for the iTunes playlist and the flac tracks. It should be possible to indicate which flac tracks one wants to update the metadata or maybe more specifically which metadata to update. Artist and title might be correct for the flac track, but the year and composer might be wrong.

I have zero programming experience in OS X so I do not know if this is possible. I am new to the OS X system and I do not know if there already is an application out there which can do the job. But I think you have done a very good job with your programs!

Jones

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat May 17, 2008 12:42 am

It seems to me that it would be simpler just to allow dropping of an iTunes track onto a track in Play, which would update the metadata.

jones

Post by jones » Sat May 17, 2008 2:14 am

If it can be done for multiple tracks then is seems like a good solution.