Double-digits for track numbers

Discuss Tag, an open source metadata editor for audio files.
Meatwad

Double-digits for track numbers

Post by Meatwad » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:56 am

Quick question, and my apologies if I missed it.

Tag lets me specify double-digit track numbers. Is there an option in tag for that as well if I'm renumbering?

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Double-digits for track numbers

Post by sbooth » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:17 pm

Could you clarify the question a bit- I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Do you want to rename files using 2-digit track numbers or change the actual TRACKNUMBER tag?

Meatwad

Post by Meatwad » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:14 pm

sbooth wrote:Could you clarify the question a bit- I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Do you want to rename files using 2-digit track numbers or change the actual TRACKNUMBER tag?
I want to rename files using two digit track numbers. There's an option in Max to do this (to create files using two digits for tracks) but not an option in Tag.

Also, and this may be a dumb question, but is re-encoding the only way to add artwork? Or could tag do this in the future?

Meatwad

Post by Meatwad » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:53 am

Did my answer make any sense?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Meatwad wrote:I want to rename files using two digit track numbers. There's an option in Max to do this (to create files using two digits for tracks) but not an option in Tag.

Also, and this may be a dumb question, but is re-encoding the only way to add artwork? Or could tag do this in the future?
Please add feature requests to the tracker for these- renaming using two-digit track numbers would be easy; album art is harder in a generic way, but still can be done.

etstar

Post by etstar » Thu May 01, 2008 3:59 pm

I also would like to rename files using two digit track numbers. Or, to be more specific: when inputing a track number in the Basic tab, the actual TRACKNUMBER (and TRACKTOTAL) tag created is double digits.

I tried adding a feature request to the issue tracker, but it refused me saying I need TICKET_CREATE privileges.

Maybe someone reading this with such status can add it for me?

Thanks!

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Thu May 01, 2008 9:38 pm

You can create a ticket once you create an account on the tracker- anonymous users have view-only privileges.

Jun-Dai

Post by Jun-Dai » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:54 pm

In the meantime, you can do a second rename on all the single-digit track numbers and prepend a zero yourself. I like [01] Song title.flac as my format, so I do [0{tracknumber}] {title}, which is easy enough.