What and where is Max 0.7?

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
Michael Graubart

What and where is Max 0.7?

Post by Michael Graubart » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:54 pm

I use Max 0.6.1 very successfully (using the Paranoia ripper), but I've just downloaded Max 0.6.2b to try it. Yesterday when I opened it Max 0.6.2b asked whether I wanted to download Max 2 (!!!). Today it asked whether I would like to download Max 0.7. That seemed a bit more likely, but when I tried, an error message appeared; and I can't find anything about Max 0.7 on the S. Booth website — or anywhere else, for that matter. What gives?
Michael Graubart,
18 Laitwood Road,
London,
SW12 9QL,
U.K.

Maurits

Post by Maurits » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:07 am

If I'm correct Stephen is getting ready to get 0.7 out. To test the update mechanism it was already set to this update. You are using an 'unstable' build made for testing purposes so things like things can happen.

However, It's not out yet so I'm afraid you'll just have to press 'Install update' once in a while to check and see until it is.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:28 am

The stuff about version 2 was just a placeholder when I switched to Sparkle for managing updates.

Max 0.7 is the next release that I am currently prepping- it should be out in a week or two. If you are not using a release version, you can ignore the alerts about updates being available.

l008com

Post by l008com » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:01 am

;-)

Hows it coming? Did you use my mockup? If so, can I get a credit line somewhere deep in an about box? :-P I haven't used Max at all lately so I haven't been keeping track of things. Hopefully I'll have more CDs to rip soon, and hopefully I'll be using a nice new version of Max to do it with.