rev 1009 and 1024, ripping to FLAC does not work

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
Post Reply
RonaldPR
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

rev 1009 and 1024, ripping to FLAC does not work

Post by RonaldPR » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:30 pm

With both krmathis' rev 1009 and rev 1024 nightly builds I tried ripping several CDs with encoding to FLAC. The ripping proceeds, but the encoding does not start. The Encoder window opens and each ripped track is added to the list in the Encoder window, but the encoding does not start. "Progress" stays at 0% and "Remaining" stays at 0 seconds for all tracks.
I went back to 0.6.1, which worked fine with the same CDs.

User avatar
Nils
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:42 am

Post by Nils » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:43 pm

Same here. Max had been sitting like this for about nine minutes before I stopped it:
Image
This is using revision 1028 as well. Ripping with 0.6.1 worked fine on the exact same cd as you said. Maybe it has something to do with removing SelectEncodersSheet ?

User avatar
sbooth
Site Admin
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by sbooth » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:47 am

Not to sound like a broken record, but do you have the same problem if you delete the preferences? I am unable to duplicate this behavior- FLAC ripping works fine for me.

RonaldPR
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Post by RonaldPR » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:03 am

sbooth wrote:Not to sound like a broken record, but do you have the same problem if you delete the preferences? I am unable to duplicate this behavior- FLAC ripping works fine for me.
It was the first thing I tried. Stopped all encoding, stopped all ripping, saved the document (or so I thought), quit Max, removed the CD, deleted the prefs, started Max, set my pref settings again, inserted CD, entered all tags again (were not saved), started ripping: The problem was still there.

PowerBook G4, Mac OS X 10.4.8

User avatar
sbooth
Site Admin
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by sbooth » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:12 pm

RonaldPR wrote:It was the first thing I tried. Stopped all encoding, stopped all ripping, saved the document (or so I thought), quit Max, removed the CD, deleted the prefs, started Max, set my pref settings again, inserted CD, entered all tags again (were not saved), started ripping: The problem was still there.
What are your preferences? Hopefully if I enter the same ones I will get the same behavior.

scross28
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:40 pm

Same problem with MP3

Post by scross28 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:43 pm

I was having the same problem with MP3's
When I turned off custom file naming the files encoded perfectly.
The only draw back is that I can't name the files the way I want.
I have a batch file re-namer that uses id3 tags so I'll be fine until this issue gets resolved.

User avatar
sbooth
Site Admin
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Same problem with MP3

Post by sbooth » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:01 pm

scross28 wrote:I was having the same problem with MP3's
When I turned off custom file naming the files encoded perfectly.
The only draw back is that I can't name the files the way I want.
I have a batch file re-namer that uses id3 tags so I'll be fine until this issue gets resolved.
Can you post your custom naming string?

scross28
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:40 pm

Post by scross28 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:36 pm

I tried the following strings with the same result.

{albumArtist}:{albumTitle}:{albumArtist} - {trackNumber} - {trackTitle}

{albumArtist}\{albumTitle}\{albumArtist} - {trackNumber} - {trackTitle}

{albumArtist} - {trackNumber} - {trackTitle}

RonaldPR
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Post by RonaldPR » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 pm

The problem is indeed related to custom format for output. When I unchecked the box, encoding after ripping proceeded fine.
The custom file naming I used is only little different from the default file naming:

{albumTitle}/{trackNumber} {trackTitle}
using two digit track numbers

Exactly the same format works fine in Max 0.6.1.

User avatar
sbooth
Site Admin
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by sbooth » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:50 am

OK, the problem is fixed- it was truly a boneheaded mistake. Thanks for helping narrow it down!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests