Secure ripping

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
randian

Re: Secure ripping

Post by randian » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:57 pm

There appears to be no way to subscribe to a topic without posting a reply...

Pepzhez

Post by Pepzhez » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:15 am

sbooth wrote:I'm working on a new project that should render this thread moot. More to come in the next months...
Very exciting news! Are you going to keep us in suspense? Can you please give us a little hint about the nature of this project??

Here's some news that may be of interest here. After all these years, cdparanoia version 10 is at last available, and will be announced as the official release any day now:

http://xiph.org/paranoia/news.html

Has anyone here tried it out yet? I can't seem to find a description of what the new version does.

Will the cdparanoia engine in Max be updated to the new version?

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 am

Pepzhez wrote:
sbooth wrote:I'm working on a new project that should render this thread moot. More to come in the next months...
Very exciting news! Are you going to keep us in suspense? Can you please give us a little hint about the nature of this project??

Here's some news that may be of interest here. After all these years, cdparanoia version 10 is at last available, and will be announced as the official release any day now:

http://xiph.org/paranoia/news.html

Has anyone here tried it out yet? I can't seem to find a description of what the new version does. ...
Uh, actually, did you read the link? The first line reads:

The upcoming release is mostly intended to keep up with bugfixes and kernel changes ...

IOW, exciting? Not. Later there is reference to " ... before restarting development ..." but it is highly equivocal.

I am much more intigued by Stephen's plans hinted at herein.