Max v. xACT (re: Logs)

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
Fuga

Max v. xACT (re: Logs)

Post by Fuga » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:47 pm

It's been mentioned herein a time or two. Max's log does not compare to xACT's which is almost equal to, uh, (whisper) "that other app on that other platform used by those other guys."

I do not understand why not. But then, I don't understand electricity other than it is either on or off. It seems that xACT's log is just spit out by paranoia. Couldn't the same/similar be done in Max?

Fuga

Re: Max v. xACT (re: Logs)

Post by Fuga » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:08 am

No thoughts by any of the 20 who have looked at this post?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:39 am

Well, of course Max COULD have a better log. It is just very low on my current priority list.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Fair enough; it is indeed your app. I do appreciate at least hearing something back.

But it's frustrating as I begin to archive my collection. While I have advocated going to all the trouble of EAC for some instances, questionable as they may be, I have always used paranoia for myself. But then I didn't do much just for myself. Now, I am and find a much less than perfect situation.

I find it a good thing to have as much info about the rip as is possible. I've seen others express same here, too. xACT gives it. OTOH, Max is the best damn overall app there is for this stuff. So, best I can do (if I want the log) is to rip to WAV with xACT. But then since I want to end up with at the least AAC and an ALAC (and sometimes those plus MP3 and FLAC, too) and I want them all tagged, I turn to Max (which when I do all four in one fell swoop is glorious). But the trouble is Max can't "guess" the titles of those WAVs so I do have to edit those by hand.

Not the worst predicament to be in but each time I have done it I must debate: Do I want the WAV log more than the convenience, or the other way around. Shoot, in a way, I'm glad Max can't guess from WAVs because then I'd really have to worry about my "need" for the log. (Hmmm, this gives me an idea ...)

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm aware of these issues, and many of them will be resolved in the future. Hopefully here future means the next 6 months or so!

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks for the info!