feature request - rubyripper implementation

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
j33n7

feature request - rubyripper implementation

Post by j33n7 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:52 pm

hey there!

there was a discussion over at apfeltalk.de about MAX vs. itunes and it came to me that another implemention of a freely available ripping-engine could easy be done (dont't know though). there is a project called rubyripper (: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php ... Rubyripper ) which is under a GPL3 license and which aims to become the best ripper out there, replaycing EAC for windows, which is considered very very good.

regards!

Fuga

Re: feature request - rubyripper implementation

Post by Fuga » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:56 pm

I hadn't been paying attention. Very much further along than I had realized. I knew through word of mouth that some were fiddling with it in ubuntu on Mac. In the pre-ICBM days I paid some attention to RR as I wasn't satisified with paranoia (for my rips for trading). Once it was easy to get EAC onto my Macs I only paid attention to Max's development. SInce I am not a total geek (no offense to the geeks) I can understand stuff just so well. Thanks for the link. I was wondering what I could do this morning to keep from doing what I should be doing even though I'm on vacation.

I would be very interested to read Stephen's comments.

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:54 pm

I forgot I had this thread bookmarked on the hydrogenaudio site.

The explanation of RR's sampling and what it does with the data,, on the RR wiki cited in the OP above, "makes sense" to this naive reader (though I do still wonder about audio caching).

Fuga

Post by Fuga » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Searching on rubyripper in these forums shows it has been discussed a bit but not in depth and not since almost 2 years ago.