MusicBrainz with r1328

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
areyamadferret

MusicBrainz with r1328

Post by areyamadferret » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:09 pm

Hi

I have been using Max for quite sometime now. Great app. I did do a forum search on MusicBrainz before posting this but did not quite find what I was looking for.

Anyway, I downloaded r1328. I can't get musicbrainz to look up the cd information and label the tracks accordingly. I have deleted preferences [via those scripts that come with stable version] and have tried many many cds and nothing is working. I would post the log but because I am at work I don't have the exact error and I know how some people on forums attack if you are not 100% specific. In short it usually is just a one liner in the log about some ID of some sort.

When I put in a CD and max opens, the window title just contains a really long string of Characters, I try to click the query button and nothing happens.

I am running a Mac Book Pro [latest macbook pro] , using leopard 10.5.1 [though 10.5 didnt work either][clean install]. I am forced to use iTunes-Lame to rip and encode via LAME encoder.

hs

areyamadferret

Re: MusicBrainz with r1328

Post by areyamadferret » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:23 pm

"Unable to read the disc's Media Catalogue Number (MCN)" - that is what I am getting for almost every cd I own.

toby82

Post by toby82 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:47 am

I also barely get Information out of Musicbrainz. I got Information for two singleArtist CDs but all multiArtist CDs i tried didn't work. Tried 0.7.1 and there i got the information...

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:15 pm

I think this is because 0.7.1 used the old RDF web service, while the new builds use the new REST web service. Supposedly (I haven't verified this) the FreeDB back door only works with the older RDF web service, which MusicBrainz has deprecated.