Feature Request - Sony VGP-XL1B Changer Support

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
dasgeek

Feature Request - Sony VGP-XL1B Changer Support

Post by dasgeek » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:47 pm

Please consider adding support for the Sony VGP-XL1B 200 disc firewire changer. You have the best ripping software that I have found. It would be great to load 200 cds and go to bed. I have over 2000 cds that I ripped two years ago. It took me 6 weeks. I want to rip at a higher rate, but not one disc at a time.

Rip Monkey and MediaFinder from Portends controls the changers but it is no longer supported and does not support cdparanoia.

http://www.portents.com/theripmonkey/

I would be willing to pay $100 for this feature (maybe a Pro version of Max.)

Mike1

Re: Feature Request - Sony VGP-XL1B Changer Support

Post by Mike1 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:13 am

dasgeek wrote:Please consider adding support for the Sony VGP-XL1B 200 disc firewire changer.
Max is open source and it's licence explicitly permits people to modify the code for their personal needs, dasgreek.

If Stephen didn't want to add this, or preferred to spend his coding time on something else, there's nothing to stop you getting another programmer to write this for you.

dasgeek

Post by dasgeek » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:32 pm

It's too bad that I do not program nor do I know any one that does. I am just a user posting a feature request. The Sony hardware is great. It just does not have any good software for it. The thought of ripping up to 600 cds with out interaction is very interesting. I have ripped a large number of discs once and would rather not do it again.

RipMonkey can control the changer and rip with iTunes. I just like the results of ripping with Max. I think it is the best ripper on the market. I have tested the results through an extremely high end audio system. (Wadia 860x CD player, Krell FPB 300 amp, B&W802 Nautilus speakers, Kimber Select cables.)

Does anyone else like the idea of batch ripping?

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:17 pm

dasgeek wrote:Does anyone else like the idea of batch ripping?
Max can rip from multiple CD drives at once; I know of at least one user who rips using 10-12 drives simultaneously on a Mac Pro!