S. Booth - S. Brown Collaboration?

Discuss the current and future development of Max.
aka

S. Booth - S. Brown Collaboration?

Post by aka » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:13 pm

Any thought ever given to MAX combining with xACT?
Secure Encoding, LOG output, Filenames via iTunes-OSX database, all in a beautiful GUI with timely (eg, FLAC 114) updates. You guys would make one heck of a team.
I'd be first in line to pay! ;-)

Mike1

Post by Mike1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:23 pm

Stephen's stuff is all open source:
All the software I create is open source, free software. It is absolutely free to download and use, and since it is open source if there is something you don't like, you can change it.
http://sbooth.org/

So anyone could look at the code and do that, or, presumably, submit a patch to him.

dasgeek

Post by dasgeek » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:44 pm

Mike,

Should people make feature requests? I get the impression from you that we should not. Your answer to feature requests is to program them yourself. That is fine, but we just need to be told by Stephen that he would rather not see feature requests.

Let us know Stephen.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:20 pm

dasgeek wrote:Should people make feature requests? I get the impression from you that we should not. Your answer to feature requests is to program them yourself. That is fine, but we just need to be told by Stephen that he would rather not see feature requests.

Let us know Stephen.
Feature requests are not only welcome, but encouraged! They are what keep the software alive and current.

That being said, I likely have too many irons in the fire between Max, Play, Tag, and real life, so I can't guarantee that features will be added a) at all or b) in a timely manner.

Mike1

Post by Mike1 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:03 pm

dasgeek wrote:Should people make feature requests? I get the impression from you that we should not.
Well, then you're jumping to conclusions based on insufficient information.
Your answer to feature requests is to program them yourself.
The poster did not make a "feature request. Read it again. He asked Stephen to collaborate with someone else.

I was trying to help the poster by pointing out to him that if this person had some particular reason for collaborating he could, just as anyone else could. Whether the poster even knows the other guy and whether the other guy would wish to is another question. But since the post had sat there for some hours I thought it better to make a helpful suggestion than to ignore the post.
That is fine, but we just need to be told by Stephen that he would rather not see feature requests.
Of course he considers them. If you had taken the trouble to read his boards, you would have seen that.

As I say: Read it again. It was not a feature request. I thought it better to be helpful to the OP than to leave the post to sit there.