Converting FLAC with separate CUE Sheet

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
h1tor1

Converting FLAC with separate CUE Sheet

Post by h1tor1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi
I have a FLAC file with a separate CUE sheet that I want to convert to multiple M4a files for my iPhone
When adding the FLAC to the convert files window I just get the one file with no Meta Data and opening the CUE sheet gives me a window with the album and artist name but no tracks and no way to add the FLAC

How can I add the FLAC with CUE sheet so that I can split it into multiple M4a files?

Thanks

mattn

Re: Converting FLAC with separate CUE Sheet

Post by mattn » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:31 pm

This is the *most* frequently asked question of all.

Do not "add the FLAC to the convert files window". Use File > Open to open the cue sheet (or drag the cue sheet onto Max's icon). That's all there is to it.

Fredd

Post by Fredd » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:58 am

I am not able to get Max to use the Cue sheet when converting a FLAC file.

I have tried dragging both into the convert window as well as the method suggested in this thread.

I have tried dragging the Cue file onto the icon which opened in a window with the Title and Artist fields filled in as well as an MCN Number. But the convert window is greyed out. I tried dragging the FLAC file onto the icon too and that file opened in the File Conversion window, but when I then clicked the 'convert' button MAX converted the file without using the cue sheet.

I'm using mountain lion 10.1 and the latest MAX 0.91

thanks

mattn

Post by mattn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:50 pm

The Convert button was greyed out in the cue sheet window in Max because you did not check any tracks. Check some (there is a check all button to help with this).