Where did all the preference settings go?

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
eellerto

Where did all the preference settings go?

Post by eellerto » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 am

The first time I used MAX, I was able to choose what file type, compression rate, and all that. Now, when I click preferences, I get a single pane, with very unuseful options. I even removed the program and reinstalled it, same thing. Now I have no idea what my cds are being burned at, although they are flac, and they no longer playback on my nas anymore. Am I missing something here? Were they under some other program originally? I am totally confused.

Any help would be great.

mattn

Re: Where did all the preference settings go?

Post by mattn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 am

When you choose Max > Preferences you should see a window with a whole bunch of icons across the top. Those are the different sets of preferences. The little lozenge button at the upper right toggles the visibility of those icons, - but that's a standard Mac OS X thing.

eellerto

Post by eellerto » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:01 pm

"The little lozenge button"...damn. That was exactly right. I had hit it at one point, I guess, and it minimized the screen so none of those other options appeared. Thanks so much! I never would have clicked on that button, it doesn't look like it actually does anything.

Thanks!!!

cwb0415

Post by cwb0415 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:53 pm

I need some help, here ... I am having the SAME problem as eellerto ... except that I'm having no luck at all figuring out what you are all talking about with the "lozenge" thing. There IS NO lozenge thing on my window. Not at all. Help??? Thank you so much ... in advance!

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:21 pm

The "little lozenge button" is the little, transparent looking, drug capsule shaped, button at the upper right corner of the window. In Max's preferences window it toggles visibility of the icons for the various preferences panels.

cwb0415

Post by cwb0415 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks for your reply; there was absolutely no little lozenge button that showed up on my window. I ended up deleting the application, and then re-downloading and re-installing ... VOILA! NOW the window looks exactly as it should (I think), and I'm able to set all of the preferences that I'm interested in. Yay! BUT, I have to tell you ... there's STILL no little lozenge-type icon in the window ... and I know exactly what is being referenced by that term. But it's just not there. Oh well ... all's well that ends well. Thanks for taking the time to post!

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:14 pm

The button issue could be related to the localization. Maybe it exists in some localizations only. I wonder if it should be there at all.

mattn

Post by mattn » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:06 pm

On my machine pressing Command-B shows and hides the toolbar in the Preferences window. This might work even if you've no lozenge button.