Burned FLAC files don't play anymore!

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
eellerto

Burned FLAC files don't play anymore!

Post by eellerto » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:37 pm

I am really in need of help here! I decided to reburn all my cds to FLAC instead of MP3s. I set up Max for Flac with the parameters I wanted and they played fine back through my NAS and squeezebox. However, I just realized that the last 10 days of burning I have done, none of those will play back, but the earlier ones work fine! I don;t know if the settings on MAX changed and I can't even see the setting anymore. Once I set up the parameters for MAX, I was never able to get back to that screen again. I only have the ability to change a couple of thing under preferences now, and none of them have to do with file types or compression rate. Does anyone know how I can check to see what on earth happened to the last 100 cds I burned compared to the first? I never changed anything with Max.

Thanks!!

mattn

Re: Burned FLAC files don't play anymore!

Post by mattn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:19 am

If you have FLAC files and they won't play in one medium, I'd suggest you try another medium. So the first thing I'd do is try playing those files with Cog or Decibel, or even opening them with a sound editor like Audacity or Amadeus to see that the sound wave is present and can be played.

eellerto

Re: Burned FLAC files don't play anymore!

Post by eellerto » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:57 pm

I figured it out. Silly me, I thought that Squeezebox scanned my NAS library automatically at some point. But, it doesn't. I did a manual scan and they all play now. Thank god! That would have really sucked.