Help please: Since installing Max my wav & mp3 files

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
mach1ne

Help please: Since installing Max my wav & mp3 files

Post by mach1ne » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 pm

....do not open

I use Ableton Live and Audacity and an audio interface but since trying to install Max today Audacity can no longer open or read my wav or mp3 files (files that were opened and readable just earlier today) and Ableton has 'frozen'. I have tried uninstalling Max and removing every file I can find from Applications, Downloads etc etc but every time I insert a CD or try to open a new mp3 file the Max icon appears in the dock so remnants of it are still on my computer that I can't find. This is a major concern for me as I'm playing live on Saturday night and need the computer to be working. At the moment, unfortunately, this is not the case.

If someone could let me know the names of all Max-associated files, please, so I can try and locate them on my HD and remove them.

If anyone has any other help they can give me that too would be much appreciated. I can't understand why my audio editor can no longer open files that it was able to read just earlier today.

Many thanks,

Gordon

mattn

Re: Help please: Since installing Max my wav & mp3 files

Post by mattn » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 am

That's all magical thinking. Max doesn't have pieces that it installs or that you have to uninstall. It's just an application. If you don't want it to be present, put Max in the trash and empty the trash; that's entirely up to you. But be realistic. Max doesn't magically prevent your mp3 files from opening. It doesn't magically interfere with CDs. Restart your computer and be logical.

mach1ne

Re: Help please: Since installing Max my wav & mp3 files

Post by mach1ne » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 am

Hey there,
Thanks for your answer. I re-started the computer last night before posting my thread.
I still have the same problem that wav files can no longer be read or opened in Audacity, which they could earlier in the day. Any ideas?
The reason I asked about 'hidden' files is that I also use Omni Disk Sweeper which usually reveals a few secrets running in the background that aren't visible using Finder.
I shall post this problem on the Audacity forum too.
Thanks,
Gordon