Output Folder

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
nomadski

Output Folder

Post by nomadski » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:51 pm

At the moment I am ripping about 500 cds for Sonos and an mp3 player. I am doing both FLAC and MP3. In preferences I have selected a desktop Music folder to rip to, but at the moment Max is ripping both sets of files to that folder.

I would like Max to make a folder by album name within that Music folder (even better to make two for FLAC and MP3) - is it possible with Max? Have looked everywhere thru preferences but cant figure it out.

Cheers for any info.

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Output Folder

Post by sbooth » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:53 pm

You can do this if you use a custom naming format, and use the {fileFormat} specifier.

nomadski

Post by nomadski » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:55 pm

{fileformat} just makes my files look like "FLAC1 - Generations.flac"

Am I doing something wrong? I just want the songs to be placed in an album folder made via ripping, a little like EAC does.

So instead of getting 15 FLACs and MP3s in MUSIC folder for disc one of Led Zeppelins Remasters, after ripping I find a Led Zeppelin > Disc One folder and all my tracks in there within MUSIC folder. (Even better one for Flac and one for MP3).

Just want to save having to create these folders myself, im sure it should be possible in Max but cant find it.

EDIT: Gah, just looked back at my EAC seetings and realise what you were saying.

Changed the custom name to {fileformat}/{albumArtist} (FLAC)/{albumTitle}/{trackNumber} - {songTitle} and it does exactly what I want.

Jason1

Post by Jason1 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:00 pm

nomadski wrote:{fileformat} just makes my files look like "FLAC1 - Generations.flac"

Am I doing something wrong? I just want the songs to be placed in an album folder made via ripping, a little like EAC does.

So instead of getting 15 FLACs and MP3s in MUSIC folder for disc one of Led Zeppelins Remasters, after ripping I find a Led Zeppelin > Disc One folder and all my tracks in there within MUSIC folder. (Even better one for Flac and one for MP3).

Just want to save having to create these folders myself, im sure it should be possible in Max but cant find it.

EDIT: Gah, just looked back at my EAC seetings and realise what you were saying.

Changed the custom name to {fileformat}/{albumArtist} (FLAC)/{albumTitle}/{trackNumber} - {songTitle} and it does exactly what I want.
Thanks to you, i am able to make the Separate folder for albums! :D