Lion

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
jbtco

Lion

Post by jbtco » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 am

Is anybody using Max with public release of Lion. Lion appears to work well for me but Max has vanished ?

Fuga

Re: Lion

Post by Fuga » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Working great for me: Max + Lion is just fine. :lol:

jbtco

Post by jbtco » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks will have to investigate.

jyroflux

Post by jyroflux » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:31 am

No problems with Lion and Max for me.

macdilbert

Post by macdilbert » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:41 am

MAX works well with OS 10.7 Lion, but the script "Get iTunes Metadata" has been outdated for use 10.7, and the new update for it is here:
http://forums.sbooth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4375

HalNineThousand

Post by HalNineThousand » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 pm

The first time I used it on Lion, I couldn't use the iTunes metadata script, but I found the solution on this thread, so that's fixed.

But now I'm getting that damned NSTableView error again and the work around I've been using is not working until I quit Max and try it again. (Yes, oddly enough, I get an NSTableView error, try the workaround, it doesn't work, so I quit, try Max again and have to use the work around and then it works.)

Honestly, I know this is a free program, but that one error has come up so many times and with a work-around that many of us have been using for awhile, I can't see why that one bug hasn't been fixed. (Here's the thread with the work-around: http://forums.sbooth.org/viewtopic.php? ... stableview)

Can't the error trapping routine check to see if it's that error and fix it?

HalNineThousand

Post by HalNineThousand » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:48 pm

I take that back.

The queue window was hidden and I didn't see it.

It's ripping from CD, but it's NOT converting to FLAC. Which was the same problem I had before I upgraded to Lion.

I'm off to find another ripper, even if I have to pay for it.

mattn

Post by mattn » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:27 am

HalNineThousand wrote:Which was the same problem I had before I upgraded to Lion. I'm off to find another ripper, even if I have to pay for it.
I don't understand the issue you're having. However, if you'd like to try an alternative, I can recommend XLD.

Redback

Post by Redback » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:53 pm

What ever ya do don't upgrade to the latest iTunes for you can not input the images into m4a files through max app whether in 10.6 or 10.7, but only through iTunes itself and when ya have hundreds or thousand of m4a file it quiet a chore.
The other problem is when trying to compile Max in lion in Xcode ya can forget , as there are too many errors in the compiling of the software which wont run in building from the soucecode.

I find XLD throws too many errors or freezes in both lion and snow till ya force quit the app.

D917

Post by D917 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I use and really love Max for two years now, but since my upgrade to Mac OSX Lion, I can get the software to work. I also get the NSTableView-error. 'Column identifiers used with NSTableView autosave feature must conform to NSCoding protocol: (null)'

Of course I already tried all of the given solutions (such as deleting the preferences-file -- I don't have one!), but nothing works. I tried finding a new tool to import cds, but just NOTHING can beat Max!

I'm working with a MacBook Pro, Mac OSX Lion 10.7, Max 0.9.1/R1438 (tried both).

Please, does someone have an idea how to fix this? I'm desperate without my Max! :)

My best,
Domien

Tony

Post by Tony » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Same problem.
Will Max be updated for Lion?
Will Rip ever come out of Beta?
Is it time to move to XLD?

mattn

Post by mattn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:49 am

D917 wrote:Of course I already tried all of the given solutions (such as deleting the preferences-file -- I don't have one!)
You do have a preferences file. If you haven't found it and deleted it, you have not actually tried that solution, have you?

Remember, on Lion, the whole Library is invisible; showing it is up to you. Once you've done that, the preferences file is in Preferences; you have one, maybe two files whose name starts with "org.sbooth.Max".

RonaldPR

Post by RonaldPR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:46 am

mattn wrote:on Lion, the whole Library is invisible; showing it is up to you.
The ~/Library folder in Lion can be opened in the "Go" menu in the Finder. Holding the option (alt) key adds the Library folder to the Go menu.

Tony

Post by Tony » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 pm

mattn, is Max working for you on Lion?

mattn

Post by mattn » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:23 am

Tony wrote:mattn, is Max working for you on Lion?
Yes, perfectly - for the things I use it for. But I hardly see how that matters, since we might be using it in very different ways...