flac tags from mounted sd2f images

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
hwfischer

flac tags from mounted sd2f images

Post by hwfischer » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm new here and haven't been able to find a solution. I apologize if I'm using bandwidth when it's already answered. My problem is that I've saved many sd2f and bin/cue files that I'd like to convert to flac with tags. I have Toast, which will mount the bin and sd2f files, which Max will read the sd2f and convert, but Max won't identify the disc and download the tag info. Max does put all this info in when extracting and converting direct from the CD, but when dealing with a virtual disc that Toast has mounted, it seems at a loss. I'd really like to avoid having to reextract those files from the CDs again. (iTunes will get the metadata from Gracenote, but I can't figure out how to get that data to the flac files that Max makes. Even if there's a way to do that, it would certainly be easier if one could simply get Max to get a mounted disc's data and use it when it's converting the files to flac (and mp3s and other formats, for that matter).) Thanks for your help!

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: flac tags from mounted sd2f images

Post by sbooth » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:06 am

If iTunes is able to get the metadata for the disc images you've mounted, you can use the Get iTunes Metadata AppleScript (http://files.sbooth.org/Get%20iTunes%20Metadata.zip) to transfer that information into Max.

As far as why Max isn't recognizing the disc, it could be because the disc (or that particular pressing) isn't in the MusicBrainz database. If you're interested in troubleshooting I'll be happy to elucidate, but the AppleScript might be your best bet.