Basic Converting Question

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
naicidrac

Basic Converting Question

Post by naicidrac » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:26 pm

I guess I am a newbie to MAX. It has worked fine, but now when I convert some FLAC to .mp3 320 kbps it appears to work just fine. I get all of the meta data and album art correct. The problem happens when I import them into my itunes album to place them on my iphone. I am getting one album with anywhere from 1-3 songs, and another album with the rest of the songs. There are multiple albums and I want them to be all nice and organized. I just started running into this problem and to me everything in the metadata and the names on the general files all seems to be correct. I am wondering if anyone else has ran into an issue similar to this?

Thanks,
Naicidrac

The Gonif

Re: Basic Converting Question

Post by The Gonif » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Double and triple check your tags. The only reason iTunes would separate songs into different albums is because of the tags.

mattn

Post by mattn » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:22 am

naicidrac wrote: The problem happens when I import them into my itunes album to place them on my iphone. I am getting one album with anywhere from 1-3 songs, and another album with the rest of the songs.
This is not a Max question. You have to mark the songs as constituting a Compilation in iTunes. Otherwise, different artists cause different albums on the iPhone.

rmorrison100

Post by rmorrison100 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:28 am

Thanks matt for your reply.