ExtAudioFileSetProperty ERROR

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
Eric Seaberg

ExtAudioFileSetProperty ERROR

Post by Eric Seaberg » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:42 pm

I've been using Max for quite awhile taking AC3 or DTS encoded Wave files and converting to FLAC for playback on my SlimDevices network system... never had a problem. Now I'm getting the error 'ExtAudioFileSetProperty' on ANY computer I try it on, either my MBPro running OS 10.6.3 or my G5 running 10.5.8.

Any ideas? A standard Wave file (non-encoded) works fine, yet I can play the encoded Wave files on my network with proper decoding, so there's nothing wrong with the files or the encode. I'm only wanting to convert them to FLAC to lower the bandwidth of the stream below 1Mb/sec.

Any ideas? Like I said, I've done this a lot over the last couple of years without problems.

Thanks...

Eric Seaberg

Re: ExtAudioFileSetProperty ERROR

Post by Eric Seaberg » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Part II... I converted the same 'problem' files to FLAC using another Mac program called XLD and it worked fine, so I don't think it's a file issue.

Any ideas at all?

Thanks
Eric Seaberg - San Diego
A.E.S., S.M.P.T.E, S.P.A.R.S.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:46 pm

I don't have any experience with AC-3 or DTS in WAVE files. I assume you have a plugin that allows them to be decoded? OS X (AFAIK) does not support these formats natively- AC-3 is supported but only in stand-alone files.

In any case, I've tracked down the problem but I'm not sure what the fix will be yet.

Would you be able to send me one of the files (or an excerpt) for testing purposes?

Eric Seaberg

Post by Eric Seaberg » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Funny thing is, I'm sure the previous version of Max worked fine. I actually use Mac the Ripper to rip the native AC3 and/or DTS files. Then I have a Python script that reads that data and creates an encoded WAV file. Converting the WAV to FLAC keeps the encoding where I play it on my SlimDevices Transporter through my 5.1 AV receiver. All good.

I've been doing this for almost 2.5 years using Max for FLAC conversion. I'll try the previous version to see if it works and let you know.

The file is too large to upload. Control-click to download at ftp://seaberg.com/Listen.wav
Eric Seaberg - San Diego
A.E.S., S.M.P.T.E, S.P.A.R.S.