Max's Comparison Ripper options

Discuss Max, an open source CD audio extractor and audio converter.
pjarron

Max's Comparison Ripper options

Post by pjarron » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Could someone explain the Comparison Ripper options from the Ripper tab in Max's Preferences window?

Also - What are the best settings for the Comparison Ripper, taking into account the time it would take to rip a defective or damaged CD and the quality of the CD rip itself?

sbooth
Site Admin

Re: Max's Comparison Ripper options

Post by sbooth » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Not to totally punt on your question, but if you can I would suggest using Rip for new ripping.

douga

Post by douga » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:58 pm

I understand the move towards Rip -- I've used it for straight FLAC ripping and it's excellent. However... :)

1) Will there ever be an iTunes compatibility mode (that names files in the way iTunes does)? If I'm ripping a multi-disc set, I don't want to always have to change the file output specifiers so that I get a disc number.

2) Will Rip ever rip straight to Ogg Vorbis?

I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but it might be useful for Max users to know about these things.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:35 pm

douga wrote:1) Will there ever be an iTunes compatibility mode (that names files in the way iTunes does)? If I'm ripping a multi-disc set, I don't want to always have to change the file output specifiers so that I get a disc number.
This is something that I would be willing to add. Can you file a feature request?
2) Will Rip ever rip straight to Ogg Vorbis?
I don't have a personal interest in adding lossy encoders to Rip (storage is too cheap these days), but Rip uses a simple plugin-based system for its encoders. Adding a Vorbis encoder would be very simple for anyone with some programming knowledge, or I could create one that would be an add-on.

douga

Post by douga » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am

I have filed a feature request, thank you.

Where is the source code for Rip? I may be myopic, but I can't find it.

sbooth
Site Admin

Post by sbooth » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:30 pm